Terms and Conditions
By accessing and using the Showtile website at www.showtile.com.au (“the Website”), you engage in our “Service” and agree to be bound by the following terms and conditions.
2. Trading Terms and Payment Terms
- All sales must be accompanied by cleared funds before collection or delivery.
- Payment is considered received only when made in cash or when the proceeds from other payment methods are cleared and credited to our nominated bank account. Payment by check is at our discretion.
- To secure your order, a non-refundable deposit is required, with varying rates of 30% for stock items and between 50-100% for custom and overseas orders.
- The outstanding balance must be paid before the delivery date, and funds must be cleared before the delivery.
3. Quotes and Purchase Orders
- We will not place any orders for goods until the required deposits are paid.
- Quotes are valid for 30 days, unless otherwise specified. We reserve the right to provide a new quote after this period, and we cannot guarantee that prices will remain unchanged. Claims regarding outdated or superseded prices/pricelists will not be accepted.
4. Collection of Goods and Storage
- Goods must be collected at the time and address specified by us.
- Storage fees of $30 per pallet per week will be charged if goods are not collected within 4 weeks of us notifying you of their availability. Estimated arrival dates are approximate, and any delays do not warrant compensation or order cancellation.
- Delivery, insurance, and associated costs are not included in the price and may be quoted separately.
- Deliveries are kerbside unless alternative arrangements have been made with your consultant. Goods will be left in the safest and most secure spot available, and we cannot always guarantee your preferred drop zone. We are not liable for any delivery failures or delays.
- We are not liable for any property damage incurred during the delivery process.
- If you arrange your own freight or carrier, you do so at your own risk, and we will not be liable for breakages.
- You must notify us within 24 hours of delivery or collection of any damaged or incorrectly supplied goods. Failure to do so within this timeframe and proceeding with the installation of the goods will be considered as acceptance.
6. Breakages and Damages
- Chipped or broken tiles may occur within an order or during transit. To process a claim, we require photos of damaged materials within 24 hours. Some chips or breakages may be deemed usable, and in such cases, refunds or replacements will not be issued. It is advisable to allow for additional tiles to account for tiling wastage and potential breakages when placing an order.
7. Installation and Use
- Goods must be installed in accordance with the manufacturer’s directions, guidelines, Australian standards, and building codes. We are not responsible for inadequate structural support on which the product is installed.
- It is your responsibility to verify that the size, batches, color, and quantities are correct before installation, and the installation process constitutes acceptance of the material.
- Any defects must be identified and claimed before installation; otherwise, the claim will not be recognized. The selection of tradespeople is your responsibility, and we are not liable for goods installed by tradespeople we recommend. Always hire a licensed tradesperson.
- Ensuring that you order a sufficient quantity of product before purchase is your responsibility. We cannot guarantee the availability of the same tile, batch, and size once purchased.
8. Returns and Cancellations
- With the exception of reasons stated in our terms and as required by law, we do not accept returns of any goods.
- Cancellations of an order will result in the forfeiture of any deposits or prepayments made.
- We may, at our discretion, provide credit for the return of undamaged stock if the following conditions are met:
- Minimum return of 3 boxes (quantities below this will not be considered).
- Returned within 30 days of delivery or collection.
- Original invoice number provided, along with an explanation of the return.
- Goods must be in their original packaging, in saleable condition, with undamaged boxes.
- Goods should be from the current batch and current stock, in full unopened boxes.
- Restocking fees of 30% based on the original price paid apply.
- You are responsible for returning goods to our nominated facility at your expense.
- We will not accept damaged goods, custom or special orders, goods that have been installed or altered, items on sale or discounted, or loose pieces not in their original packaging.
- Clearance items are not refundable.
9. Specification of Goods
- It is your responsibility to ensure that the tile you select is suitable for its intended purpose and to verify quantities before installation.
- Please review all paperwork to confirm that all details match your requirements, as any payment is considered as an acceptance of the exact details listed on your order.
- You acknowledge that tiles may exhibit one or more of the following characteristics: variation in color, texture, patterns, shade, crazing, marks, blemishes, size variation, and optical hazing. Sample tiles and showroom displays are for guidance only and may vary from actual tiles received.
- Optical hazing may be evident in polished and semi-polished materials. It presents as a smoky or smudged finish on the tile, which may or may not be visible depending on the light source reflecting at various angles off the surface. This is not considered a fault, and we will not accept any claims related to it.
- We are not responsible for damages resulting from incorrect cleaning or sealing methods or the use of improper cleaning products on the material.
- The nominal sizes quoted on your quote and invoice are approximate, and we cannot guarantee the exact size of each batch as noted on your order.
- Natural stones and encaustic tiles have specific care, cleaning, grouting, sealing, and ongoing maintenance requirements. Verify these with your consultant and tradespeople before purchase, as claims cannot be made once they are laid.
- Consider the material’s finish in relation to pedestrian traffic. Glossy tiles and light-colored tiles may require additional protection, such as suitable doormats and the use of soft-soled shoes at entry points to reduce abrasion in residential applications.
- When newly installed, heavy coverings should be placed over the material to provide protection. No claims can be made for items scratched or damaged during installation.
- Most tiles can be slippery when wet. Select a tile appropriate for the area and consult with your certifier or specifier before installation to ensure you have chosen the correct materials for the area. After installation, no claims can be made for incorrect material selection or slip results that do not meet your requirements. If you have received slip results for particular materials, the performance of the installed materials may be less than the test results due to factors such as installation, wear and tear, and cleaning methods.